Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The beginning of a long journey

Pretty scenery at a rest stop (can anyone say oxymoron?)
Welcome Readers!!

Just thought I'd say hello to all of my friends out there and all of my potential and future readers, thank you for listening and I hope that your prepared to listen for a while because this Master's program could take a few years.

Anyways, at the beginning of September I had to dive in to the first part of my Master's program, traveling from Texas to Oregon so I could attend the program. This journey is probably the longest part of my master's degree that I will have to face (OK, I know not my actual time longest but distance....).

So hear are all the details of the trip:

The Journey to the center of my new world  check out the link to view the map!
Allen, me, and Jonathan

4 days of time

4 drivers total (myself, my husband David, his father Allen, and his best friend Jonathan)

2,489 miles




Our very long and yellow rental truck
   22 foot truck pulling a full car tailer and one Honda CR-V

   4 different books on tape

   Bad fast food the entire way

   WAY too much money spent on diesel and gas

   and one very unhappy and thankfully drugged cat




Despite some very tense moments and some scary mountain descents in a truck with poor brakes (a good story but one that is still too fresh in my memory for me to detail) we all survived.  Thank you to all of our friends who helped us move and unpack, and especially to the family who was willing to help with the drive, and yes Jonathan I now consider you family, because family are the only people who could have survived that journey with us.
David and I





1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys made it there safely! That picture of you and David is fabulous!

    Have fun in grad school - "work" just isn't the same without you here! Take care - B

    ReplyDelete