Wednesday, June 1, 2011

End of Term Blues

OK, so I was living in Texas for majority of the last 10 year of my life before we moved here to Oregon. Everyone promised that it would be rainy, but by Memorial Day the rain would dry, the temperatures would rise and the sun would come out. I must admit I don't miss the Texas heat and humidity, but I do miss the sunshine. And for the most part Memorial Day wasn't an entire washout and the sun did appear periodically throughout the day. But now I am in my last week of classes and have two finals on Monday. The 'bummer' is that this weekend is supposed to be the nicest that we've had, well, since September. Sunny days with blue skies and highs over 80 degrees! And instead of being able to relish in the sunshine like I really want to, I have to be inside studying for my finals and writing my last ecological policy critique on marine protected areas. Can anyone come up with an excuse to be outside Saturday instead of inside? Please? Anyone...

1 comment: