Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whirlwind has dropped me in California

So the past month has been rather busy. Besides starting full time work on my RA project through OSU creating a online web map for Wisconsin, starting my thesis project, and traveling to visit family in Ohio and than the user conference in San Diego, I haven't had the time to land! But, directly after the user conference, I flew back to Oregon (on a plane...) visited with David's family, packed and said goodbye to my hubby and cat and made the drive down to Redlands, CA for my summer internship with Esri. I'm still getting settled and adjusted to my new room, town and job, but I will  keep you posted. I just finished my second day, day one was spent in a training class and day two involved an orientation for all 50 esri summer interns (most who have already been there for a few weeks if not a month), a meeting with Jack Dangermond (the president of esri... I totally felt star stuck, does that make me a geo geek?), and of course meeting my new coworkers on the ocean basemap team and learning the ropes of the job. Tomorrow I should actually start working on the project, so I promise to keep you up to date. Otherwise, good night everyone, I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment